Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
First Resume Review: 01/04/2019
This position will remain open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Actuary to perform actuarial capitation rate development and analysis for AHCCCS programs. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Develop actuarially sound capitation rates based on encounter data, trend analysis, and analysis of program and policy changes.
* Develop and maintain actuarial and financial models to evaluate current and projected performance for Contractors. Monitor performance on an ongoing basis.
* Calculate costs for potential program changes and perform ad hoc analysis upon request.
* Develop and implement a risk adjustment model.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Comprehensive knowledge of advances statistical principles and techniques
* Comprehensive knowledge of rate setting procedures
* Comprehensive knowledge of higher mathematics related to actuarial work
* Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
* Strong analytical ability
* Analyze complex data and draw valid conclusions
* Prepare accurate comprehensive reports
* Three years of experience with health care actuarial services, Medicaid preferred.
* Experience with the Arizona marketplace desirable.
* A combination of both commercial and managed care experience
* Minimum designation Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) and member of the American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA).
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.