Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
First Resume Review: 06/24/2019
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Business and Finance (DBF) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Accounting Specialist-1 in the Account Payables Unit. This position is responsible of processing administrative payments and deposits, inter and intra agency transfers and professional customer service. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Interpret and apply Agency, State and Federal policies and procedures when reviewing purchase orders for accuracy, processing invoices and making payments.
* Reconciles, analyzes, verifies and balances financial transactions. Process intra and sister agency transfers in AFIS, establishing encumbrances and adjusting them when necessary.
* Prepare detailed spreadsheets and companion transfers to allocate the agencies fuel charges to the appropriate divisions within AHCCCS.
* Responsible for professional customer service. Communicate both verbally and in writing with internal and external customers with respect to various accounts payable and general accounting inquiries. Respond to inquiries through letters, emails and telephone calls within a timely manner.
* Performs a variety of accounting and clerical duties using automated systems.
* Submit deposits to the State Treasurer and deposit adjustments for non-sufficient fund checks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Experience in accounts payables and accounting systems
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Strong customer service, interpersonal skills and telephone etiquette
* Ability to plan, organize and prioritize tasks
* Experience with Microsoft office, Word, and Excel; and Google suite
* Knowledge and experience using the State Accounting System (AFIS) and Arizona Procurement Portal (APP).
* Knowledge of mathematical correctness of invoices and warrants
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.