Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Account Payables Manager
First Resume Review: 08/23/2019
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Business and Finance (DBF) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Account Payables Manager. This position is responsible to ensure that all administrative vendor payments and employee expenditure reimbursements are processed in a timely manner. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Responsible for the effective management and operation of administrative account payables unit, including the timely and accurate processing, issuance, mailing and reporting of all administrative vendor payments and processing of deposits to the State Treasurer’s Office.
* Oversees the process of electronic payments for purchases and transactions made with the State Purchasing Card and the Central Travel Account, payment of travel and expenditure reimbursement claims for agency personnel.
* Ensures the proper maintenance and processing of transfers related to intra and inter-agency administrative activity as well as transfers to obtain appropriate State match funds from sister agencies to pay administrative invoices.
* Prepares various monthly reports and spreadsheets to pay various claims and/or to identify expenses and allotments.
* Supervises three direct reports. Monitors staff’s workload to ensure their work is completed accurately and in a timely manner. Ensures that they accurately apply the Agency, State and Federal accounting regulations, standards and practices, policies and procedures. Coaches, trains and works with staff to develop efficiencies in work processes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Proficient with Windows, Excel, Word, Access; Google Suite; and other PC-based accounting, database, spreadsheet, mainframe software, automated financial and web-based procurement systems.
Knowledge of principles, concepts, practices, methods and techniques of government accounting and fiscal management (GAAP, GAAS).
* Knowledge of rules and regulations and processing of all administrative claims as well as travel policies and procedures as outlined under the State of Arizona Accounting Manual.
* Management, leadership and interpersonal relationship skills to establish and maintain an effective working association with individuals, management and supervision, project teams and committees, inside and outside the agency.
* Skilled in analysis and interpretation of financial data, information and instructions, involving oral and written communications.
* Independently conduct research, analysis and develop reports and financial information. Ability to deliver accurate financial data as needed or requested in a timely manner and in the required format.
* Ability to organize a heavy workload, maintain a cyclical reporting schedule, meeting critical deadlines and prioritizing a work plan
* Ability to produce written directives, deliverables and documentation in support of specific solutions to complex technical or fiscal service issues
* A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Accounting
* One year experience as an accountant
* Five years of supervisory experience
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.